Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Can Not do one push up or sit up!! any tips??

I am to take a fitness test in exactly 1 month!! and i can not do one push nor one sit up!! I can do crunches, and "girl" push ups! I had been using my treadmill sometimes but I am not in tip top shape! I weigh 142 lbs, 5'7...I recently lost alot of weight I use to weigh 180lbs! but the test consists of running 1.5 mile in less than 16 min and do 28 push ups (no time limit), 32 sit ups in under a min! OMG I am scared I will not pass! Any one with any tips pls HELP! my friend just bought me naNO VAPOR (pre-workout supplement) and says it will give me endurance...I was taking ACCESS bars and they worked really good ( for my not so hard prev. work outs!!0!!
Answer:
Okay, well push-ups are mainly using your triceps as any pushing uses triceps, and pulling uses biceps. You could try tricep dips on your stairs, or even using the floor. Also, keep practicing with "girl push-ups" until you're strong enough to do regular push-ups. As for sit-ups, I'm not sure why you're not able to do any?
Just do it everyday and you'll get the hang of it. Then, it will look really easy.
Try lifting hand weights to strengthen your arms at first. They will maybe feel sore for a little while but dont give up. And keep trying those push ups and sit ups. I went from only being able to do about 2 to 20 in a month. You just have to keep doing it and you will get stronger and in better shape as time goes by. If you work really hard Im sure you could do more than 20 tho. Good luck
running 1.5 miles isnt hard at all.
for that you might just wanna go to a gym work on your leg muscles and run every other day [start with 2 blocks than go up]sit ups are very easy.
i do about 55 in 60 seconds.
just do sit ups during commericals when you watch tv.then for the push ups.
i cant even do 4!
i would suggest going to your local gym or just buying some weights [about 5lb weights] and repeat lifting them up and down, then back and forth.you should try dry land.
look it up on google for something.
it gets you in great shape.
I think the best advice would be to go to a gym and ask the trainer guy. Soon!!
Try swimming. If you swim laps for an hour every day, you will tone and strengthen every muscle you need for the sit ups and push ups, plus develop your wind for the run. Also, go and get a good quality multi-vitamin from a health food store, a brand such as Nature's Plus. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net