Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I do sit-ups to loose my stomach, do I need cardio also?

I've started to do sit-ups everyday (3 types of them since July 1.) and I do about 160 of them along with some push-ups, but do I need to run also or am I doing well with my normal routine?I dont eat candy, no fast-food (well, maybe once a month) I just eat the stuff my mom makes at home and I try eating veggies, salads, etc. The only thing is that I don't drink as much water as I should, I usually drink about 2 bottle a day.
Answer:
Try This
My AB Workout consists of 3 basic exercises. These exercises work on the 3 abdominal groups, worked out in the correct order to get maximum results.1. Leg raises (Rectus Abdominis)
2. Side Crunches ( External/Internal Obliques)
3. Straight Crunches (Transverse Abdominis)Here is how it works. You want to get up to where you are doing 3 sets of 25 reps for each exercise. But start with one set of 15, then 20, then 25. Then start with 2 sets of each, then finally 3 sets. Only allowing a 30 to 45 second break between sets.1. Lie flat on a mat, with your hands placed at your lower back, close to your butt. Now with your legs bent slightly, and toes pointed away from your body, with legs together, lift your legs up 6 inches off the ground. Each rep consists of lifting your legs from 6 inches to 12 inches. You cannot put your legs on the ground till the set is done. Go between 6 inches, to 12 inches, and back. Each time you reach the 6 inch mark, count one rep. Each movement should be one second. One second up, one second down. 2. Lie with your back flat on the mat, your legs should be bent so that your feet are flat on the mat, about shoulder width apart. Your hands should not be behind your head, but place them under your opposite armpits, or chest. Now you curl up, not lifting your lower back off the mat, (these are crunches, not situps) Your rep consists of curling your right elbow towards your left knee, and then the other side. You do not touch your knee. One second up, one second, down. One second other side, one second down. A rep consists of both sides being done. So your rep is done when you have moved up, and down, on each side. (This one you will notice right away)3. Lie the same way as in number 2 above, with the hands in the same position. Now this one you just curl straight up, hold for a second, then back down. Do not jerk yourself up, Curl yourself up. Each rep consists of one up, and one down. Each time you are on the mat with your back, counts as one rep.NOTE: You can do abs every day. But I find if I rest one day a week, I reward myself for sticking with it. GOOD LUCK, and enjoy your SIX PACK.
You need to drink more water, everything in your diet seems to be okay. When you're doing situps you have to take into account to build your back muscles too or you could end up turning into a hunchback, if you build a lot of muscle in your ab area without working on your back too, your stomach can actually pull-in and make your back seem crooked. And as for the cardio, it doesn't hurt to do some cardiovascular exercise every now and then. Happy Exercising to you!
Sit ups are more for toning, Cardio is what burns calories and is what causes you to maintain or lose weight.
cardio is your best bet to lose fat around your midsection. ab workouts will help you strengthen your core and build muscle there, but not until you lose the fat will you be able to see them. Even what we eat at home can be unhealthy, we need to learn how to eat in moderation and make three meals into 6 smaller meals spaced throughout the day. and water is also very important. if you love soft drinks or sugar drinks, that means still alot of calories are being consumed. a lot of people say they don't enjoy food with water, but after drinking water for a while, you will see that nothing else is better for enjoying food. anyways, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net