Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I could feel my heart beat in my stomach and im worried!?

recently i have been on a strict diet eating veggies and fruits no fats for a week I could tell that i have lost wieght and my stomach is not as big . I'm 17 and before I started to diet i was 133 pounds. Recently I could feel my heart beat in my stomach when i"m laying down. Its kind of freaking me out. I don't know if i should go to the doctors or tell some one. I did a little research and some say its normal some say either way i sould see a doctor. What should i do?
Answer:
Makes me wonder where you went to research this. Your blood pumps all throughout your body. I certainly hope you are getting blood flow to your tummy. It just becomes more noticable when you lay down because your muscles are at rest. Standing up they are tensed so you can keep balanced. When you are relaxed your muscles move with your pulse. It probably has happened before, but since you started dieting you were paying more attention to that area.
While you may be feeling your heartbeat, in all likelihood what you are really feeling is called peristalsis. Peristalsis is the wave-like motion that carries food down your esophagus from your mouth into your stomach. It is an involuntary bodily action that is continuous. Involuntary means you cannot control it.
You are feeling your abdominal aorta. Please read about abdominal aortic aneurysm at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/... It is quite unlikely, at age 17, that you have this condition; your weight loss has made your abdominal fat pad thinner and that may be the cause. Only a physician can rule out AAA, however. If you are concerned, and you sound concerned, please see a physician. AAA can be ruled out very quickly and easily.
Are you worried that maybe your heart fell to your stomach? Its not likely. It could simply be your pulse. When its very quiet, I hear my heart in my ears (more so when I'm congested) and I can see my pulse in my wrist too. I wouldnt be worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net