Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I decided not to eat at IHOP but how many calories would be in this meal?

You get four pancakes with syrup.
a little whip cream is on top
with strawberries
and I would have orderd a side of potato hash brown
And a glass of chocolate milk
and of course a little extra strawberry syrup on top.How much calories would I have eaten if I ate that?
Answer:
Each pancake has 110 calorie and 3 grams of fat x 4=440 calories 12 grams of fat + syrup 50 calories per tablespoon + 197 calorie 12 grams of fat + 158 calories choclate milk + 30 calories strawberries=approx. 900 calories and 25 grams of fat. That is with one portion of potatos and milk. I am not sure how big their portions are.
My best guess is over 1300 calories.
Too many. However, it's also pure junk. The pancakes are white flour loaded with sugar. The whipped cream is fat and sugar. I've not had the strawberry topping there, but it looks as though it's fake strawberry flavored high fructose corn syrup with some real strawberries thrown in for taste and looks. The potatoes are pure grease. The chocolate milk (basically) is also just sugar and flavorings. The syrups, the strawberry and maple flavored, are both very likely just fake flavored high fructose corn syrup. When I do go to IHOP now, I just order a bowl of bean chili (it's very rare to find a vegetarian chili at a non-vegetarian restaurant) and a baked potato. They also have the token veggie burger, but it comes with white bread, which I do not like.When I do go out for pancakes, I go to Cracker Barrell. Yes, it's still white flour, but they tatse better and are less dry. They also at least use real maple syrup. However, I only do pancakes out when I'm out with others and that's the only vegan thing on the menu.My husband and I make pancakes at home, using Hodgston Mills whole grain mix (it's even cheaper than Bisquick) with bananas, apple sauce and/or canned pumpkin for the eggs and oil. (For what it's worth to you, bananas, canned pumpkin and apple sauce work for egg substitutes in most recipes. Apple sauce works for oil substitute in most baking recipes.) For topping, we use real maple syrup and Smart Balance Light and natural fruit spread. I hope this helps.
i say it would be somewhere from 120-140 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net