Sunday, October 25, 2009

I am a junk food junkie. I snack all the time and I am gaining weight. How do I stop?

I am not a heavy person, but in the sumer I always put on weight. I love junk food. I am trying to stop eating it, but I always get hungry for a snack if I don't eat it. What should I eat instead that I can make myself?
Answer:
It may take some will power and practice but it's worth it. Eat when your hungry and stop when your not so if you see a bag of goodies instead of just mindlessly grabing them and eating them think no I'm not hungry and find something to occupy your mind. When ever I feel a craving I just drink water because sometimes thirst is what your actually feeling. It's still ok to have some junk food but only like a serving a day and savor it you may say you love it but if you just eat it mindlessly your not really enjoying it. Take your time with it and really savour it and then you'll feel more satisfied with just one serving.
popcorn, fruits or veggies. Spread a little peanut butter on some celery. Or chew on ice (or get 0 calorie drink mix and make popcicles)
snack on healtier items (veggies and fruit or nuts)...also get yourself into a routine of keeping busy.maybe a walk or jog around your neighborhood, or cleaning around your home to keep your mind off extra food
dont buy the junk. eat fruit. grapes, clementines, celery with peanut butter...its all good.
Change the things you see as snacks. Instead of maybe the Chocolate chocolate chip Muffin ( my fav-lol) Try grabbing maybe a cereal bar or a breakfast bar.
I am a carbs junkie and i actually love the popcorn cakes. THey are like rice cakes ( i know styrafoam) but these are made with puffed corn (like popcorn) and are soooo good. And calorie wise basically non exhistant.
Also maybe a yogurt drink,
Or when you get the munchies maybe a small meal. They say that to raise your metabolisim you eat 4 or 5 small meals a day instead of 3. This keeps your body working and raises it. So maybe that would keep down the munchies too.
Veggies and fruits. I have a bowl that I always keep sliced cucumbers, carrots, celery, and radishes in. (whatever veggies you like) and another bowl that I keep fruits in like segmented grapefruit and oranges. I like to mix it up a little and buy different fruits and veggies every week that way I do not get tired of the same thing. I always find I will choose the healthier snack if I prepare it before hand and have it easily assessable. I still have the voice that says "I would like some chocolate." However I make the decision to grab the good stuff instead. p.s. The best way to not eat the junk is don't buy it!!
stop eating junk - cold turkey- all it takes is 3 days to get rid of any food cravings (its scientifically proven).
at the mean time have healthy snacks like fruit (mangoes, apples, pears, all berries, peaches, pineapple, apricots, nectarines, melons, cherries etc there are so many of them), baby carrots, yogurts, fat free sugar free puddings (they are only 60cal each), nuts, dried fruit, whole wheat toast with peanut butter etc.
The ONLY way to loose weight is to burn more calories than you put in. I would suggest eating smaller, more nutritious meals more often to subdue hunger and keep your metabolism up, and start exercising more. Try finding substitutes for your junk food that have fewer calories, like I love key lime pie so instead freeze low-fat key lime yogurt and eat it on graham crackers. You'd be surprised at how well you can trick your taste buds and make better choices. It's kind of a you play, you pay deal with losing weight...if you insist on eating junk and lots of it, you will have to exercise more to keep up with the caloric intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net