Saturday, October 31, 2009

I am trying to lose weight, and I have PCOS and I am Hypothyroid.HELP!?

I used to be 115 lbs and very athletic. In my early 20's I had a baby and about two years later with all the symtoms of being hypothroid I was diagonosed with hishmotto's hypothroidism and later that year with PCOS. No matter how I cut back on food intake and try to exersise, it seems like nothing works. I have put on nearly a 100 lbs and I have to do something. Any ideas, please?
Answer:
There are many things you can do. Always test TSH in the morning. If you are on a T4 medication, you will need the morning TSH to be around 1.0. If you are on a T4/T3 medication, you will need the free t4 midrange and the free t3 high in range.About the PCOS, are you on Metformin ER? I got the thyrid stuff all straight, but I still couldn't lose weight until I started Metformin ER. I'm down about 20 pounds since I started it 3 years ago. Yes, 3 years is a lomg time to only have lost 20 pounds, but I could not loe anything before even with diet and exercise.Exercise for 1 hour at least 3-4 days a week.Reduce carbsAvoid soy and fluoride.Thyroid links below
Research PCOS and you should find information about low carb diets. Many times insulin resistance accompanies PCOS. A low carb diet can many times reverse PCOS. I was diagnosed with PCOS, had irregular menstrual cycles, and gained weight. After adopting a low carb lifestyle, I was able to regulate my cylce and drop some weight.Try this link http://www.soulcysters.com/
Been there! I have PCOS and everyday is a battle against cravings. The only thing that works for me is South Beach! No not Atkins. I can't have sugar it just sets me up to fail. The more carbs I have the more cravings at night. The key is learning the difference between good and bad carbs and the foods that cause you to crave bad carbs. I started out 158 and did south beach and cardio 4 days a week for 20 min. and weight training 3 days a week for 20min. I lost 50lbs. in 4 months. I also went from a size 14 to a 4. I'm back up to a 6 because I've been slacking on the diet so I'm back in the gym and on my south beach.
The best support group for fellow PCOS'ers and south beach dieters is http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/foru...Good luck!
I am also hypothyroid, which does make it difficult to lose weight. I recently started a nutritional program. The first six weeks I lost 20 pounds and 19 inches. I feel great, have lots more energy and have been able to do without two medications I was taking. This is a program for health, but weight loss of at least 15 pounds a month is a very common result. If you are interested in knowing more, go to www.rNutrition.net or contact me at Nutrition.Heals@comcast.net. It is working for me!!This is a very high quality program and it may be the answer for you, too! Best of luck.
I too was very active growing up and liked sports etc.. still do but i had a tumor on my thyroid so they took it out and now im hypothroid too and nothing seems to work anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net