Saturday, October 31, 2009

I am wanting to lose weight but my willpower is terrible what can i do to keep myself strong?


Answer:
Keep active, don't sit around the house watching TV or on the computer. Learn what your hunger triggers are such as boredom etc...Keeping a food journal will also give you an idea of your eating habits to help you make better choices.~Remember: losing weight for good and staying healthy takes time...don't expect miracles overnight. Good luck, hun
Join Weight Watchers. They work miracles! :D
If you live in the UK then we need the sun to give us will power , I know that psychologically I will eat less when it is hot but no chance of that at the moment.xx
find a partner /friend that will do the walk with you together. i did it and i am now more inclined to do my exercises and the eating habits are much better too
i dont really know myself. i want to lose weight to but my will power is horrible. I need to lose 12 pounds before august 14 maybe we can help each other out. my email is malissa_lws@yahoo.com
Stick up pictures of yourself when you think you were looking your best, kitchen cupboards and fridge doors are the best place!!
mind of matter... join a sport, walk everyday(its good for the heart) go to a gym
Imagine what it is going to feel like, what will losing weight do for you, will you feel better about yourself, will you feel healthier, will you fit your clothes better, will you be more atttractive by losing weight. close your eyes and imagine what losing weight will do for you, what will it bring you. be happy whatever you do:)Good luck
dont put pressure on your mind that you have to loose weight... willpower goes down in stress.
join some sport with your friends as they keep you motivated if regular exercises are not helping
Get a picture of a model that you want to look like and post it all over in the kitchen or any place you like to eat. So when you see that picture you will be reminded to eat healthy and keep exercising.
You could always try Jenny Creg, i have seen it work or you could go on a weight loss program but do it with a friend and work 2gether :)
Much of the time, when people get too fat, it's because they eat just out of boredom rather than when they're really hungry. As such, I would suggest finding something to keep you occupied so that you don't just start eating in order to have something to do. And I don't mean TV; studies have shown that using the computer is much healthier, in terms of obesity, than watching TV is, because when you're using the computer you have to use your hands so they aren't free for eating. Try finding a good computer game to play. If you don't like computer games, then read a book or join an online forum. Something to keep you and your hands occupied.
Jonesy...I understand what you are going through... I am trying desperately to loose weight myself..It's pretty tough. But over the years I have lost weight!! And know I'm going to share to you what I did...
First I ate a bowl of cereal with milk. Then, to keep myself occupied I would paint, draw, or do something I like. Find a hobby you would enjoy doing for hours. That's the best recipe I could find for willpower...Try it and see if it works.
Keep busy.Then your mind doesn't have a chance to wander!!
look at your disgusting body naked in the mirror each day.;) keep a journal of what you have eaten for the day, when your reach your needed calorie limit for the day stop! don't eat anymore. if you eat crap, you will prob be malnourished, no more fast food, nothing from the snack or sweets aisle in the store. if you eat those things you will hit your calorie limit in a meal or two and be hungry the rest of the day. eat a banana instead of cookies, 100 calories for a banana vs 600 or so for a few oreos. try eating six bananas, you probably couldn't no matter how you tried.
Just do it.
Exercising? Just do it! No Excuses. None!
Eating less? Just do it! No excuses!You are capable of doing amazing things. Yes YOU! It is not hard, once you start...just don't stop.Starting was the hard part. Make your exercise a PRIORITY over whatever else needs to be done. 20 minutes 3X per week is easy...JUST DO IT!Good luck! I know you will succeed!
Treat yourself like a new puppy ... give yourself 'small treats' when you do something 'right' ... you don't NEED to eat a big bag of chips or a huge bar of chocolate if you get the slightly more expensive 'better stuff' and package it into small 'treat bags' (they have tiny 'snack bags' for kids that are GREAT) ... give yourself one piece of dark chocolate at about 10:30 if you ate a 'good breakfast' and drank two cups of water ... give yourself a bit of 'chips' (salty snack)or a piece of fresh fruit at about 3 to help 'tide you over' until dinner. Eat a 'tiny dessert' every night, but NOT until at least 2.5 hours AFTER dinner. And you may even eat a small piece of fruit or DARK chocolate right before bed ... that's really very 'few calories' and with your 'frequent treats' you'll have more 'willpower' to stay on your 'diet' until you lose the weight you want to lose. AND ALWAYS EXERCISE MORE than you did when you were 'fat and lazy' ... go for a walk after dinner, walk to work from two bus-stops away, or park your car as FAR from work in the parking lot as you can ... and get a 'friend' to 'diet' with you, because it's always more 'fun' if you and your friend can do the 'eating, snacking, and exercising' TOGETHER, and can 'compare' progress.
Jenny Craig all the way!
Go buy yourself the nicest dress/outfit in the size you want to be, and then tell yourself - I am gonna get into that !!.
Losing weight is hard. Jut start slowly. Like, try swapping a sweet thing for a piece of fruit/raisins/grapes etc. Try and walk a bit more, get up an hour earlier and do a bit of stretching in your living room. After the first couple of days you'll get used to it. Especially when you see and feel the difference.An easy exercise to do as well is try and and run or walk on the spot for 20 seconds, then kick alternating legs for another 20 and so on.You can do 5 mins or more if you want! Good luck lol
What exactly do you want to do ? lose weight or keep yourself strong ?
ok well the thing I do is set a goal and a risk along with it. the risk would be take something away whenever you give up and you can't get it back until you start tring again. (for example I love drawing so I took that away and gave my supplies to my friend for a week until I tried again). another thing you could do is find a cute outfit that is the size you want to reach but is too small at the moment and you really want to wear it so the only way you could wear it is if you worked hard to lose the weight. Just a thought. hope I helped. ~^_^~
i know exactly how you feel. i asked this question not to long ago in womens health.
How do you cope with your weight...?
i am not overweight but i feel like i weigh 400+ lbs. i do not have the motovation to get myself to start losing weight. i have seriously thought about becoming bulimic. i am that unhappy with my body and self image. any smart remarks and i will hit the abuse button.
will power omes sometimes from how we feel about ourselfs..join a walking group or some other healthy ativity group,swith from sugar to "HONEY"..in between meals eat fruit and raw veg..you may find it hard for a few days as i know we have cravings at certain times of the month.Eat like the french do..and have nice wine and choolate at the weekends.I live on Dartmoor and walk everywhere as i do not drive.Feeling good about youserlf is very imporant.take are..Janine
put up a pic of when you were biggest and one of when you thought you looked great! buy something nice to wear in a smaller size than you are now. walk, its easy with a walkman or other sort of music player, you don't realise how far you have gone. get a pedometer that tells you how far, how many steps(you are supposed to do 10,000 a day!)and how many calories you have used.
at the moment I'm on this diet and have lost 7lbs in 2 weeks!
for the first 3 days you have 2 pints milk, 3 bananas, 1 pear and as much fruit as you want- that's all,the next 4 days the same but a small amount of protein, chicken, tuna etc with stir fried veg for dinner. the next 3 weeks are the same but you can have 30 gms cereal with your milk. its only 900 calories a day but i needed something to start me off with a good result, as i had put on a stone in the last year and nothing would fit and its holidays soon. or you could join an on line slimming club
http://www.mirrorslimmingclub.co.uk/proc... this is a good one cos you set yourself goals and it tells you how many calories to eat and how much excersise to do to reach them. they the calories of everything for you, do recipes etc and you can have the calorie counter downloaded to your mobile good luck
Forget willpower and develop Wont Power.
I must say too join Weight Watchers. I went on many diets but never managed to keep to them. I would lose a little and lose a lot and then put it all back on again. Until I joined Weight Watchers 12 months ago. I lost 3 stones, 40 lbs in just over 3 months. I am now a gold member and weigh in at a meeting every 2/3 weeks. I have found a diet which I enjoy. I feel so much better and feel so confident about myself it has given me a real boost. Give it a go. If I can do it I bet you can too. Good luck.
They tell you to imagine yourself slim, trouble is it was that long ago it's hard for me to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net