Saturday, October 31, 2009

I am overweight and need advice on what to do...?

I have been to my doctor so many times trying to figure out why I can not lose weight. I have had a blood test to make sure my thyroid is fuctioning right but it always comes back fine. I am a busy mom of 2 and was put on anti depressansts that also caused 30lbs to be gained. My doc said it was not a big deal but I put on 30 lbs in less then 3 months. I have tried diets and exercise but I always stay at the same or only can lose 10 lbs max.. Is there anything else that could be wrong? I had my tubes tied but I have always had this problem since about 10 yrs old. Help please!
Answer:
People would say it starts in your family... just exercise walk... and eat right you can do it.
you have to stick to healthy lifestyle (diet and exercise) instead of "trying" a diet which causes the yo-yo cycle.
find daily calorie intake calculator on the net, enter all your stats and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.
eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours - it optimizes your metabolism)
5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day
8 glasses of water
have complex carbs for breakfast - they give you energy
have protein (lean meat, legumes etc) for dinner - repairs muscle
cardio exercise (running, jogging, swimming, spinning, elliptical etc) 4-6 times a week for 30-50min (ideally 45min because the first 20-30min body burns carbs and only then starts burning fat), light weight training (more muscle=faster metabolism)
dont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, pasta etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried, oily.
ofcourse you can spoil yourself once in a while with a little treat:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net