Saturday, October 31, 2009

I am overwieght and would like to go jogging but when I do my thighs rub together and I get a bad rash ?

what should I do
Answer:
Wear you some athletic pants because the material in this type of pant is breathable and will let you legs "breathe" and will also help keep you dry because you break out due to too much moisture and not being able to immediately dry off. Also since it is summer time and tremendously hot outside this time of year I would sprinkle some Gold Bond medicated powder on before I dressed to go Jog. And When you get back home give your body a cool down period of 30 minutes and then hit the hot shower and when you get out apply some Benadryl cream to the breaking out area and keep using the cream until it heals and wear shorts around the house since you'll probably be their to stay in if you Jog in the evening which is a better time to Jog anyway this time of year so that your body can cool down better and by Jogging in the evening you can also rest better at night and feel more refreshed in the morning and ready to go to work. start doing the cream thing now like I said above so that your legs will get to feeling better soon and all of the products I have told you above can be purchased at Wal-Mart,K-Mart,Target, or anyother store that is like these thats around where you live. I Hope you feel better soon I hate when I have break outs like these I just hate when their is no relife for the heat this time of year. Good Luck and if you take my advise let me know how it turned out.
Wear long pants so your skin doesn't rub together.
Wear some biker shorts. They have them at either stores like Wal-Mart or Target or you may be able to find them at fitness stores. You know, the kind that adhere to your legs so that your legs don't rub together...the shorts do. And they are soft so your thighs won't get irritated.
Maybe you could try swimming to lose a little bit of weight, and then when your thighs get a little smaller you can start jogging.Failing that, baby powder seems to work pretty well.
Truly-forget this jogging thing. It's harder on your joints, etc. over time. Walking, swimming, things like that are actually better for you to do. Take care.
Yes, I always had that problem too.
Some vasoline with a light coating of talc might help some.
For me it is even if I walk. You might also try wrapping ace bandages to cushion where the thighs meet. Be creative, you will figure out what works for you.
Best Wishes
wear those exercise shorts that are made from Cotton and are very tight. I use to have the same problem so I now wear it all the time and i never have a rash and it does not hurt even if i get sweaty
When we road march in the military with a 45 pound ruck its normal for us to get a small rash,we uses Vaseline in the problem areas before we road march to help prevent it.If we still get it we use whats call bag balm to help heal the rash fast.Best thing to wear is a smooth running shorts jogging pants are OK but can cause a rash faster because of the sweat absorbing in the pants causes salt to be close to skin and can causes a rash faster with major rubbing
I know some friends who wear compression or sliding shorts under their pants or shorts so that their thighs won't rub together. The material that compression shorts are made out of is slippery so it will be more comfortable to run. You can buy them at about any sport store or online.
it's probably just a heat rash nothing you can really do about it. put baby powder on or just some baby rash creme..
Talc (baby) powder usually helps that but don't think you want to go jogging in shorts with powder showing on your legs.So wear jogging pants or sweat pants.
wear tighter jogging pants. I know how you feel.. well, I don't get a rash but it bugs me.
Rashs are bad but like they say, " no pain no game." You will get used it. Or just use some lotion or wear silk shorts under what your wearing. You could also excercize other ways. Remember the point is to use more energy than you consume. So you could also lift weights and turn that fat into muscle. And eat a good diet. Hopefully you will lose the weight and you wont have to worry about.
Spandex or try baby powder?
Get some of that blue star ointment and put it on the rash to make it go away, and just rub it on before u run and it will prevent the rash next time.
I recommend to use the jogging or biker shorts that have some licra to make your thights slimmer, they will also make you feel slimmer in front of the mirror. If you can go to a sports store and ask the employees, they probably can give you better ideas, I don't think that problem is more usual than you think.
It's great that you recognize you need to do some physical training for weight control. Do not get discouraged.One thing that you can try for this problem is to wear spandex shorts under your clothing. This works for me..
Wear something that will reduce the friction between your legs. Try biker shorts under your sweat pants, it'll ease the friction while you work out and you won't look silly.By the way try working out for more than 40 minutes at a time that way you burn calories stored as fat, off your body. Good luck, hope to hear how the pounds melt off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net